Friday, February 27, 2009

"Heeey, Bay-bee"


My cat, Gatsby, is a shameless attention whore. I often have to share my lap with the laptop and him. He'll sit on the coffee table and stare at me, sending silent messages of "pet me, bitch". He usually just crawls onto my lap, purring all sexy like, trying to get me in the mood. It's like your mate trying to get you in the mood and you are just not interested. I push him off, "Noooo, Gatsby! I don't want to snuggle!" He nudges my typing hands...I pet him...it only encourages the brat. The purring continues, the sexy eyes burn into me. He steps on my belly. With the extra padding, you'd think it wouldn't hurt as much as it can. I almost always give in. Sometimes it helps to put the "Barry White Station" on Pandora. So I give him his lovin, he purrs, and when he's satisfied, he rolls off me. He usually then strolls into the kitchen for a snack of kibble. Just like a man.

(At least he only leaves hair in that spot)

3 comments:

A Fuss said...

My cat Odysseus (aka. Black Cat) is just like Gatsby except instead of the computer its always books. I'll be reading and he'll hide behind the book and peer over the top at me. Then he bites the book, so all my pages have teeth marks in them.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

That is hilarious and slightly disturbing at the same time.

MJS said...

Mmmmmm Gatsby fluff. What's not to love?

About Me