Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Withering Heights


Yeah, yeah...the title is obvious. Deal with it.

The photo you see is a plant hanging in my kitchen, over the microwave, near a window. I have a brown thumb and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I know what you're thinking. "Doesn't she go into her kitchen or use her microwave?" Helloooo....that's where I stock the gin! Besides, this is the 21st century. You can't make popcorn without a microwave. I have no excuse. This is the second plant to wither and die in this pot in this location. I think something is cursed or diseased or slowly being radiated by my microwave.

Sometimes, no matter how much love and kindness and sunshine and CPR we pump into things, it's just not be meant to be. Some fights just aren't worth fighting any longer. You can put a new plant in the same old soil, but if the soil isn't healthy enough to keep something else alive, you will be disappointed eventually. The soil that should be nurturing the roots of the plant just isn't strong enough at the moment, and it needs something extra to bring it back to it's healthy state. Or maybe the plant is a life sucking parasite that needs to find some other soil to use up. Yeah, that's probably it.

Considering my ability to kill plants, I'm surprised my cats have survived their incarceration with me. (Their terminology, not mine.) Maybe this plant needs a vacation? A warm, sunny destination, perhaps? I should call the airlines. See if a pot of dirt is considered a threat this month.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I have a black thumb too, it must run in the famiy but Grandpa always had a nice garden!! Hmmm...

A Fuss said...

Dude, that's not a plant (anymore). And you can too make popcorn without a microwave. I have an air popper and it's awesome.

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

Hey, one of my co-workers has in-laws in North Dakota and was telling me about the flooding and now the impending blizzard. Are you okay??

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

lol I remember my Nana used to make popcorn with a frying pan... then the 21st century came round and bam! Only microwave popcorn allowed...

Oh yeah plus your plants are triffids. You're doing the world I favour by killing them.

About Me